not sure what to do with all the rhubarb … then try this Rhubarb Tart ..
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 275g rhubarb
- 350g plain flour
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 150g cold butter, diced
- To make the pastry, rub the butter and flour together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and separate out 75g of the mixture to reserve as a topping later. Gradually add the water to the rest of the flour mixture until you achieve a dough. Rest in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Grease and flour a 23cm flan tin with a removable base. Roll out the pastry and place in the tin, then bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove the baking beans and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- For the filling, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs and yolks, then the almonds. Spread on the bottom of the pastry case.
- Cut the rhubarb stalks into 2-3cm pieces and scatter over the top of the almond cream. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and sprinkle over the reserved topping. Reduce the heat to 180°C/gas 4 and cook for a further 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle icing sugar over the top and serve.